01-19-2020, 03:39 PM   #143
limeypride
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M8 Competition GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmwusabmw View Post
I’m an 18 base with just drops in...i played with the Gamma intakes and found the filters they provide actually restrict airflow once pushing past 22psi...so back to drop ins... for now. I also ran the AWE catback for a while but the cold start was just becoming too much. I run map 2 for normal use with bias under 35 to 4.5k and then from there i rapidly scale up to 75 by 6.5k. In map 6 I will run + 5.5, have gone to 6.5..rarely will I get to the true target I’m normally under target by about a pound. I’ve found on my car I need to be pretty aggressive on the bias to avoid a spike down low.

In terms of fuel I almost always run sunoco 93 with a mix of GT260(100) from the pump...normally it puts me around 96 octane. I do this as I ran into poor fuel in my area twice over the years and its just not with the risk. I used boostane for a bit and it ended up killing my O2s and really ate my plugs, I was aggressive on the mix so I wasnt too surprised.

I’ve been on here for a while, but had to change username as BMW gave me some issues over a no related issue, and spent 30 days fixing the issue and digging into the data to try and point the cause to me. Long story short the JB4 left no trail, they even documented no evidence of piggyback found, and that after having Corp out twice and the homeland look into the data. They did give me a lot of hassle over the 10+ uses of launch control...they log each time we use it and will try to use it against us it seems.
Cool, thanks.

Do you have any timeslips or Dragy numbers?

lol on the launches! That's absurd--why give a car a feature if it's frowned upon to use it... makes no sense. I launch this car every reasonable chance I get--suffice it to say, I'm well over 10 . The 2020s have a trick that the earlier F90s don't (as far as I know): in MDM mode and using manual shifting, if you brake boost, the transmission uses that special shift mode it typically reserves for full Launch Control scenarios--I use this a heckuva lot.

Last edited by limeypride; 01-19-2020 at 03:44 PM..
Appreciate 0