01-27-2017, 03:02 PM   #226
Dylan86
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: F15d msport, F22 m235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabrich View Post
Where are you finding this technical data?

And then Matt says in his article little difference between MPSS and MPS4S and he's actually driven on them, so I really don't see where you and others are making this "leap of faith" nsupported facts.

There is a reason why people start running in mall, everyone starts running in mass hysteria thinking there is a shooter, when most often there is not.

I'm just a hard data, show me person.
I'm at work now, but if you are interested, the compounds/tread design/belt technology in the Cup2 is all available online, as is the PSS. Take the two, and introduce yourself to the PS4S and the technical improvements stated in the video on page 1. The only leap of faith would be to assume that it's an answer to all of the tire dilema's in regards to street/track tires. This is still a street tire, and the Cup2 is still a street-able track tire.

The basic tread layout was immediately noticeable just from images as I use the Cup2's already (which has the familiar tread sipes and belt tech and tread layout), and have the PSS's on my daily wheels. I've run the Cup2's for only 5k kms on Mountain Tours, but can tell you the performance gap is quite large from the PSS once they're warmed up. The new PS4S seems to have bridged the gap and offered something in between, for the price of a PSS. Will you still require a track dedicated tire for top levels of grip? Yes..

It's not about watching youtube reviews or forum feedback, really.. It's about my personal experience with over $10k in Michelin tires in the past few years. Also, working for Canada's largest tire retailer, I get some inside feedback well before the video's that release to the ROW..

Here's the Cup2

Here's the new PS4S

You can see the relation, it's quite clear.

D

Last edited by Dylan86; 01-27-2017 at 03:15 PM..
Appreciate 0