View Single Post
      11-14-2010, 05:25 PM   #6
TheRox
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335xi_fun View Post
Just did the CDV removal today on my E90 335xi. Kind of a pain because of the front driveshaft as stated above. I removed the cdv, pushed out the restrictor, and then reinstalled the cdv body. Seemed like the hose wouldn't be long enough to just remove the valve and reconnect the hose.

Was able to loosen the bleed valve using a socket, universal joint, 3" extension, and a ratchet. Since I used a socket I couldn't use a tube to keep the brake fliud off the trans and driveshaft so it was kind of a mess. There just wasn't room to get an open end wrench on the bleed valve.

While I was doing this I questioned whether it would be worth it but after driving the car with the CDV removed it was definitely worth it. It always seemed I couldn't shift the 335 6 speed smooth and it was frustrating as I have been driving manual trans cars almost exclusively for the last 7 years and to some degree all my life. No such problem now. Hard to believe that little restrictor had such a huge impact on the clutch reaction.
Just did it on mine...best piece of advice ever for 335xi e90. Get that U-joint and its a breeze.

You need to bleed the line 10-15 times just to be sure (I did it 20x)...because with the socket...you can't really see a stream of fluid coming out.

Anyways, post-CDV removal...1-2 shifts are smoother, downshifting rev-match is way quicker. Overall a more pure driving experience, not as big a difference as I thought it might make...still insulated, but worth it.
Appreciate 0