View Single Post
      08-01-2019, 04:41 PM   #41
trev230
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5C

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagM5 View Post
Getting an axle-back Remus. Anyone have videos of it and/or install?
I just installed the cat back version. I did it by myself with no lift so it was a little time consuming being that I was laying on my garage floor on my back. The midpipe section took me the longest to get aligned but after that it was easy going. I'm really happy with the sound. It's the way this car should've been! The carbon tips are high quality as well. If you purchased the axle back you will need to cut the factory exhaust in that area where it connects.
For some reason my box was missing the installation instructions as well as some hardware. I could not find a single install document online so I just went with what I knew mechanically and could figure out by looking at things. Setting the spring clips on the valves were a little tricky without direction but I figured it out after playing around with them for a few minutes. The hardware that I was missing I actually had laying around as I have other stuff with similar bolt/thread patterns that I work on.
Was kind of surprised Remus has nothing on their website as far as supporting installation instructions or videos.

Coming from a $8K Akrapovic system that I had on my X5M I will say the Remus is a damn bargain and solidly built. It actually sounds better as well. The fitment is not as dialed in and you do have to play with the adjustments a little more to get the mid sections and mufflers to line up evenly but we are talking about a substantial difference in price between the two so I can live with that.

Last edited by trev230; 08-01-2019 at 04:46 PM..
Appreciate 3
RemusUSA227.50
Egrunt553.00