View Single Post
      01-16-2022, 04:35 PM   #304
neoprufrok
Private
Rep
Drives: 2021 M5 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAUDERRIPPER View Post
But you didn't get it. We got it. And the world moves on.

It's okay if it doesn't have what you want. You just don't end up buying it, leave that to us. And if we end up regretting our purchase we'll just sell the CS for more than what we paid for and buy a comp with some leftover cash easy peasy.

Doesn't come with the creature comforts bc it doesn't have to, even if the experience on paper is marginal to some, the reviews from forum members/car "journalists" say otherwise, and it's going to be fun owning one different from the crowd, I for one will have plenty of time throwing it around in the mountain roads near where I live!

Can't believe we're still on "it doesn't comfort my ass and ears enough so I didn't buy it" discussion. Isn't this the CS owners thread? Different strokes: your stroke is a comp, my stroke is a CS.

I don't really care about B&W, regular seats, or driving another black car. I'll get that with the next gen m5 when I'm done with this thing. I wanna drive the piss out of it, check out that matte green paint in the sun, see them yellow halos, and know that there's only 390 or some odd other ones around in the country that might be having the same enjoyment.
I think you're misreading what I'm saying. The CS is the best BMW that's been made. Due to a good relationship to a dealer owner, I could have gotten the car at some point. It just didn't fit me for the reasons above. The best cars all have points of criticisms. I have things I don't like about my cars even though I still think they represent the best of their breed for that era.

On the issue of value. There are rare cars that increase in value over time. That said, I really don't care. My cars are worth $0 when I buy them. That way, I just enjoy them, modify them, etc. We will see where the M5 CS value will be. It's great now, but this is an odd time in our history and every used car value is high.
2018 Porsche Graphite Blue Metallic GT3 Touring Manthey Racing and Akrapovic
2018 BMW Yas Marina Blue M4 Competition Convertible
Appreciate 1