View Single Post
      11-06-2018, 06:44 PM   #17
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M8 Competition Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlosM4 View Post
Mate I drive it pretty much every day in very rough terrains (in Brazil we don't have roads, we have lunar surface). I find it supremely comfortable, possibly one of the most comfortable cars I have owned. I think it is on pair with the non S E63 4Matic 2014 I owned, which was very very smooth.
I think as you have stated in more detail that there is a fine line between and comfort and compliance. I would say for the suspension that the F90 has; its very compliant. Big uneven undulations, unfilled holes, and just flat out rough patches. The car absorbs the imperfections well while keeping the sport feel and not creating a wallowing effect.

Lexus and Cadillac for example (for the most part) are comfortable, they float but also compress and rebound at a much bigger variant.

Id say the F90 is up there when it comes to road aborption (for what kind of car it is) with Porsche 991.2's. Porsche, to me, and all my 991 ownership (6 iterations) does an amazing job. I always have likened BMW to the Porsche feel, particularly with the M5 mirrored up. I love the way the car remains taut and aggressive yet is so "compliant" when needed LOL.

Now my E63S.... what an armored truck that thing was: thud, bam, boom, and just a bone jarring ride. That thing crushed skulls for a living and my roads are great.
2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Suzuka Gray
2012 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG Black Series Obsidian Black
Appreciate 2
CarlosM4421.50
soooma1379.00