View Single Post
      01-07-2020, 03:22 PM   #10
oooseun
Private
Rep
Drives: M235i '15

Lightbulb

I've had several dashcam setups over the years. all have worked well for me although i settled down with the Vantrue N2 pro. There might be a newer one with the same or better functions so do your research. The Blacksys 2ch was fine too but i wanted an interior view and i wasn't 100% sure the camera was working properly as it didn't have a screen so it wasn't the easiest to tell if it was recording. I've used the viofo and it's really good at what it does. i had the 1ch 1080p version but gave it away with my car at sale time.

in all the cases i used the powermagic pro + tapping fuses to hardwire it to the cars fusebox in the trunk. i think i went for the DRL fuse or some lighting fuse in the end. i used a multimeter and turned the car off and tested a bunch of them to see which was still on. Note about the power magic, it's designed to protect your battery but your battery might also complain if you set it to like 12v and get in the car. the car would say something like 'power draw detected, shut off some functions to save power'.

Last thing was to hide the wires! i didn't use this but for some nbt install it came in handy

Here's how the car looks with the dashcam. (ignore the white toll pass, i actually recently put that in the center speaker area. and even better, it's now a sticker and not some bulky white plastic box these days)

Appreciate 0