05-22-2019, 07:55 AM   #3
mjs597
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235i, 2000 Z3 Rdstr

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by dradernh View Post
This is a rear-only perspective. Below you'll see the specs of the rear tire you're considering and the rear tire I'm running (at the track only).

I'm using an Apex ARC-8 rear wheel in 18X9.5 ET58. I also have a 5mm rear spacer, a very mild fender pull (it's not noticeable to me that it's been pulled), and I'm using the car's as-delivered components to effect the rear camber of -1.6°.

Note that I'm running a different rear shock than your OEM unit, and the purpose of what I did with my car was to enable improved street performance as well as effective track performance.

I'll be the first to admit that I'm no expert in these matters (i.e., all of my work has always been done by qualified race shops), but what jumps out at me in the data below is the section width. That is, you're looking at a wider tire than I'm running, and so compared to what my shop did for me you might need a greater fender pull and/or a greater amount of negative camber to fit the tire under your fender.

There are threads on this site detailing the fitting of 265 tires in the rear, and I encourage you to search for them to see how those fitments were effected.

FWIW, the constraint we have in fitting wider wheels and tires is the major limitation of our cars. Good luck with your upgrades!

dradernh, thank you so much for your reply. Can you tell me how you were able to use the car's as-delivered components to effect the rear camber of -1.6? Also, how were you able to get 255s on the front? Thanks again- so helpful!
Appreciate 0