View Single Post
      01-16-2014, 09:28 AM   #19
B-1Pilot
Yankee Air Pirate
Rep
Drives: '14 M5 w/CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dionysus View Post

Would you please elaborate on the driving experience M5 vs 911 - I've been driving the M5 in heavy rain and it's surprisingly capable, even on PSS tyres.
Sure... I've got various behind the wheel experience in p-cars throughout the years. Currently, there is a 2002 996.c2 in my garage. It is definitely fun to drive, but I liken its fun to driving my motorcycle fun -- I am working more, connected more, when I drive to its full potential, its loud, higher RPM, and not necessarily that comfortable for a passenger who isn't into cars.

On the other hand the M5 continues to be the most amazing multi personality car I have ever owned. It can be sedate, it can be a monster. The power is ALWAYS available... even if I'm in 7th gear and 1300 RPM, I can get to 3rd gear and 6000+ rpm near instantaneously and be off like a rocket ship. It is always luxurious. It is the private jet for the road! I think this post explains it best. I have had no issues with it in any weather... I drive it when its 20 degrees out, no problem... i choose to avoid snow and ice because I have other 4WD options, but never fear about rain (I did 160 on the autobahn in the rain with no worries).

All that said... I need to get real seat time in a new 911-- I suspect they will provide most of my desires as well, minus two seats. (I won't go cayenne/boxster/otherwise -- the do not connect with me viscerally). Truth be told, new P-cars are still about 20-40k outside of what I want to spend. At this point in time, I am apt to save up for a GT3 and look to get one in 2017 around the time I retire from the AF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avlnch View Post
For some reason I'm more curious on what planes/jets.
Since you asked... this is a B-1:

Here's a video of me doing a "show of force" for some spec forces guys (used to scare bad guys, make them stop shooting at our troops):