Quote:
Originally Posted by ResIpsaLoquitur View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by zb2603 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ResIpsaLoquitur View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by zb2603 View Post
@AAM5 Oh yeah, gotta love those folks lol. I will definitely keep you posted as we go along please feel free to do the same. 🙌🏻
Will do!
So I was out at dinner three hours ago and my CA sent this text.

I then went onto the website to see it myself as well lol. I have officially moved onto 112 after 5 weeks.

Ps. Don't mind the color its not the actual
Congratulations! So happy for you!
Thank you! Now we are both at 112 hopefully we will both go into production at the same time lol. The CA also said "Should expect it on the line very soon" so we shall see
That's three of us at 112!
Just went backwards from 112 to order received. : Waiting for updates from CA and BMW NA.
Missed a call from BMW NA HQ in NJ this morning. Called them back and was told I had a Week 21 (May 22-28) production week. Apparently the reason for the reversion in status was because BMW changed the factory my car was going to be built at. When the different factory "accepted" that they would build my car, the system changed the status to order received because it was now "received" at the new factory. I was under the assumption that all M5s are built at Dingolfing. I asked the CSR and he would not/could not confirm or deny this. I know that plant closed briefly last month (as confirmed by a BMW NA press release) but that production resumed less than a couple of weeks later.

I don't know that I believe any of what I was told, but, for what it's worth, my build week before all this was the first week of May (Week 19), and my "confirmed production date" was May 19.

So, despite the status reversion, my dates haven't actually changed too much.
Thank you for the update. So everything is according to schedule (knock on wood). So since it got reverted back to 111 did they tell you potentially when it would progress again to 112?

On a separate note, did you do individual interior or paint? If you did maybe they moved the entire batch for your color to Week 21. Just throwing the idea out there, because in my case they pushed it 11 weeks straight and not in increments of 1-2 weeks like some other members experienced.
So it seems, thank you! The person I spoke with did not provide any timeline on advancing through status codes even though I asked. According to Moserkm (just giving credit where credit is due!), "112 would be 3 weeks before build week and then 150 1 week before build week." He has confirmed his source for this info is reliable.

No individual interior or paint here…BSM over Black Merino leather with black 706M wheels. I spec all my M cars with this color combo. So I don't think the delay is attributable to those increased build time type of options. What individual selections did you go with?
I think you are referring to the post I have made earlier at the beginning of this tread 😂 and yes he is credible, he posts regularly on the G80/82 Build Week forums and keeps everyone posted also lets the members know when the allocations for G80/82 are announced.

I appreciate the black on black on black look so does a lot of people so I see why you took that particular route. It will be a very aggressive looking car and I'm excited for you. I usually like cars that are different tones of silver and gray. Since there are so many gray and silver M5s rolling around in town wanted to do something different. I saw a press car at the launch and thought looked very different. I also couldn't find much about it on the Individual Color thread so decided to go with it. The paint is called malachite green metallic.

Here are two pictures of it at different lighting:

Ahhhh I'm sorry I crossed threads in my head here and made a mistake when I went back to see where I heard that from! Obviously I did not mean to spout the same info back to you! My brain was focused on the info I'd just received from the CSR 😔

I think that color combo makes the car look special and aggressive, while still keeping it somewhat of a sleeper. Obviously a lot on here really customize their vehicles and would disagree, and I've seen some spectacular builds on the forum, and some incredible Individual colors, needless to say. I have another (non-BMW/non M) vehicle one might describe as eye catching, so the M5 is the yin to the other's yang if you will. It's my discreet DD. I actually considered Donnington Grey this time, but kept my classic look in the end. Also, the all black look looks more "executive," and I need this car to look that way (for professional use reasons).

I'm pretty sure I once saw this color on an M4 at a BMW HPDE last year and I can tell you that it was the star of the show. Digging through some pictures soon to see if that was in fact it. It's a gorgeous color! And I love the uniquity of it amongst the sea of monochromatic M5s as you said. Much nicer spectrum that Boston Green or British Racing Green, IMO. Did you go Individual on the interior as well? So excited for you and hope you progress along to production very soon!

Again my most sincere apologies for flubbing the attribution in my previous post! It was YOU that provided the info and confirmed it was reliable. It was an honest mistake. Thanks for not giving me a hard time for it!
Haha I'm just joking around no need for the sorry, you're good. As long as we have somewhat of accurate info doesn't matter who it comes from. Got jealous of the credit. The master student in me kicked in lol, even though its petty for someone who is now 26 🤣🤣🤣, I'm glad that it actually stuck with you because there is so much stuff floating around and happy that we were able to find something sensible.

I see where you're coming from with the "sleeper" look. I think it's a if you know you know look that is really low key. To each its own, at the end of the day as long as you love what you have/getting its all that matters. There are some really opinionated folks out there, to a point sometimes it becomes toxic but its just background noise. I love that the M5 is the yin in the equation, speaks for the yang. I see where you're coming from with the "executive" look. The business car in my case is a graphite MY22 540i, blends right in thats why I wanted to go with a "loud car".

If you ever come across it please feel free to share it. I looked at a couple of shades of green, Boston was really bluish, Irish was a little pale, BRG was a little flat for my taste, Verde Ermes was a really cool one but looked too green even in the shade and Java Green was way too green. If I was to buy a X5M, I would 100% get it in Java Green though. Hopefully both of our cars progress fairly quickly with no delays🙌🏻 I was going to do Tartufo for interior but for some reason last minute I decided to stick to Aragon Brown Full. For some reason the orange ish tone worked for me better with black lines on the exterior and felt sportier than Tartufo. I absolutely adore Tartufo though I think its absolutely gorgeous. So besides the exterior everything else is standard. Opted for 789 wheels, dark carbon trim, red calipers (no CCB) so pretty standard.

Dude I would never blast anyone for something like that. We are all enthusiast sharing experiences/opinions in a civil manner (at least for the most part)
Appreciate 1
KB30052.00