02-08-2021, 11:19 PM   #20
gpdriver17
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padfan9 View Post
Hi Everyone,

I have a 2020 M5 and decided to try out a 0-60 with my buddies wifi lap timer. We hooked it up, and I smashed down on the gas, and first try on start up it said 3.65 and then second try 3.95. I did have a passenger and I just bought my new Michelin pilot sport 4S and haven't installed them, so I'm on the crappy pirellis. My car certainly feels a lot faster when I first start driving in the morning while the oil is cool, and when I'm alone, but those times seem very slow . I have M perf exhaust and MSR intake right now. Something I noticed..... when I slammed down on the gas hard, there was a major lag, and it seemed like the turbo didn't kick it for quite sometime before it started going. Then later I removed the lap timer and eased on the gas and it launched way harder, even when I didn't fully floor it right away, rather pressed a bit more slowly for half a second then slammed down, getting a much better result (I felt that way at least).

Any thoughts?
I don't think you'll see any difference with new tires. I was hoping for the same. But my bald pirellis put down the exact same times as new PS4Ss. I wonder if we just have poor air quality here in SD. When I lived near SF I was always at 2.6-2.7 0-60, ever since moving here it has been low 3's-low 4's in the summer with a JB4 and meth injection. Could be the high humidity maybe.

How accurate is the wifi lap timer? Anyone here know if it's as accurate as dragy?
2023 Porsche 911 Turbo S
Appreciate 0