View Single Post
      04-19-2018, 09:55 AM   #1
X5mama
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 40e

X5 40e 2018 - Blind Spot Detection

Hello, I'm new here. I already spoke with the BMW Genius guys over the phone, met with one in person who rode in my car with me and confirmed that the blind spot detection is working intermittently.
To tell you the truth I think they don't know what they're talking about and I don't think they truly know how the blind spot is supposed to work.
I always though that the light in the mirror casing is supposed to come on WHENEVER I had a car in my blind spot --- no matter if the car is approaching me from behind OR if I'm passing a car.
Even the manual states that the light will come on if a car is in my blind spot or approaching from behind. This means that if I'm passing a vehicle and it is in my blind spot (as I'm passing it) the light should come up...but it doesn't.
And I think that's actually how it is supposed to work. The light will not come up when I am passing vehicles.
I'm furious because I can't stand when people can't explain functions properly especially when they are "BMW geniuses".
Can you please correct if I'm wrong and also share your experiences?

Thank you in advance.
Appreciate 0