11-22-2020, 07:17 PM   #23
///WeissBisBlau
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘21 M5C

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcai View Post
You have a 2021 M5 right? So it's practically brand new. That sounds like a very overpriced shop/quote since you would assume the paint correction required is minimal on a new vehicle. A full vehicle wrap is pricey but not $10,000 pricey.
Right. Yeah, it’s kind of out of sight. To be a little more accurate, the quote was actually for a full paint correction, full-car PPF wrap, and ceramic coating. But yeah, $10k is just a bridge too far. I think it was a “rich guy quote” (which I am NOT, but you know, in their minds some guy with a brand new M5C in our area MUST be, right?), which makes me all the more determined to not do business with them.

So I went back to a guy I have been to several times. He and his family have been in the business for over 30 years. He tinted my windows, and did a full hood, front bumper, front fenders, and then some mud “flaps”, around onto the body behind the wheels. I feel much better about driving it around now. I haven’t wanted to much, since I bought it, because it was a month before I could get in to him. I feel as though it is much better protected, now. His product is SunTek. I had it on my ‘15 GTR, and really liked it. You won’t know it’s there, unless you know.

Last edited by ///WeissBisBlau; 11-22-2020 at 07:26 PM..
Appreciate 0