02-03-2007, 04:59 AM   #7
Hawkshaw
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: X3 xDrive28i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Wow Jeff, that's quite the Chistmas list of goodies! Can't wait to see the finished product.

All of the mods so far have simply been cosmetic:

17" ASA JH3 winter rims with the same Dunlop Winter Sport M3's you've got
OEM rear lip spoiler
ACS replica rear roof spoiler
38% tint on rear half only (didn't want to risk ticket for fronts)
ACS aluminum pedals for the interior

I'm happy with the suspension that came with my sport package, so I don't think I want to bother to spend any $ there. Next up are blacklines, and I may eventually get Xenon Fogs and running lights (as you know, they're halogen now and just the main headlights are Xenon). I think that'll be it though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElCapitan View Post
Cool!

So far the money pit has claimed:

-Winter alloys rims (17" Sport Edition E1) wrapped in Dunlop Winter Sport M3 RFT for next year. I don't believe steel rims are good for performance driving. They are too heavy.

-Blacklines

-Front euro xenon headlights assembly

Additionaly, before delivery, I will order the front chrome grills and sliver bumper fin from the 330/335 lineup, complete chrome window trim (my car will be black with tinted windows, that will a nice accent) and roof moldings in order to remove the roof railings.

Later I will get some 18" CSL replicas with ultra high performance summer tires for summer, Eibach or H&R sport springs and maybe front splitters(and that car will be done).

Also in the past few weeks I have got 18" CSL replicas for my E46 330xi with ultra high performance summer tires and a set of Eibach sport springs (that car had the following mods done: all around euro clears, OEM trunk lip spoiler and a set of winter alloys (17" Sport Edition F6) with Dunlop Winter Sport M. With the springs and CSL, that project is finally completed (took me almost 5 years).

In a few months/years, the M3 will eventually get sport springs with 19" CSL replicas (you see the trend? I love those wheels). That is that car needs.

This parental leave makes me blow money like there is no tomorrow. I will have to stop soon even though I am having a blast (my wife thinks I am crazy).

What are mods you have done/planning?