Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: NA

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Juice17 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3PGH View Post
7-8 % is very reasonable
10 % can be done but is somewhat extreme on 2020 models and you might have to go out of town
agree with others that you have to look after your interest , but also having a good relationship with a dealer can pay dividend and actually is in your own interest.
couple of examples
you have a problem late Friday and heading out of town and the dealer is ready to close, you call SA and they wait for you after hours and let you chose a loaner
You take loaner and bring it back 5 days later with a thousand miles on it....
that happened to me couple of times and have multiple other examples ..
bottom line , they will take care of you and go out of their way to be accommodating .. that to me is worth something
100% agree with this. Also people are so fixated on constantly pushing the dealer to drop and drop price because so and so got an extra 1% off etc or because the program changed the following month but then cry if it's not in their favor. My cousin being one of them. Constantly texted the CA every month while his car was in production saying "MF got better! Did the rebate improve?" Well.... now that the rebate dropped he all of a sudden didn't want the CA to update the numbers again and wanted to be locked into the previous months program. Lesson learned. His price went up. He just took delivery. Now some of you guys might say "oh he should've just threatened to walk away then," but it furthers my point that you gotta understand both sides at some point lol. People wanna destroy the dealer but then complain if it backfires....
I don't think anyone wants to destroy the dealer and in fact you can't. Dealers don't transact if they're not gaining something from it, and occasionally selling one unit at a loss but making incentives across the fleet, or avoiding more writedowns/loss, is a net win. I wouldn't worry about them .

It sounds like your cousin learned a lesson in risk taking - they should've realized the tradeoff/risk they were making and looked at the entire equation. But they didn't walk away so presumably still satisfied with the final deal.
Appreciate 0