JCZ5
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 (G05)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic55 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatcat View Post
Errrr no... RS6 never had s tronic transmission, they all had tiptronic and tiptronic is not dual clutch.
he probably is thinking of the S6 (non RS)
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCZ5 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCZ5 View Post
Arch rivals from the very beginning. Now with the new release, I would have to say Audi is really putting it all out there. Even better news that it will be available in the US.

The design is definitely more aggressive. Interior is completely digital compared to the F90. Only knock would be worrisome that the interior with digital tech will feel dated with how quick technology goes these days.

The good news is traditionally RS is cheaper than M, so it's a lot of value right there.

Funny thing to note is that it is an auto and not a dual clutch. Seems all high performance lines are ditching the DCT in favor of a traditional torque converter.

What are everyone's thoughts?
RS6 never had DCT, so it's no surprise.
It's always had a dual clutch transmission (S-tronic). I just abbreviated 😉
Errrr no... RS6 never had s tronic transmission, they all had tiptronic and tiptronic is not dual clutch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic55 View Post
Quote:
he probably is thinking of the S6 (non RS)
Ah yes, I stand corrected. Got it mixed up with the S6. The question still stands, why are manufactures sticking with auto vs dual clutch? I don't have a particular bias, but I know many on here do