View Single Post
      06-07-2019, 02:20 PM   #4
tmehanna
Private
Rep
Drives: 528i f10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huz-Z View Post
ABSOLUTELY NO to a pressure washer and no to car soap. You can obtain specific cleaners and convertible top conditioners directly from BMW. In North America, folks use a product called Raggtop as well.

http://www.raggtopp.com/

As your car is a new Z4 still under warranty, I would only use a BMW product purchased from the dealer where you bought the car - and keep the receipts!! That way, if you run into an issue with the top, you can show that you used a BMW product and nobody can say that you used a garbage top cleaner that caused damage. Replacing a canvas top is an expensive proposition and you do not want to do that out of warranty at your cost.
That's a little bit over the top. Pressure washers are ok as long as you keep a safe distance. The idea is how much the pressure is on contact. 303, Raggtop and other traditional top sealants are giving way now to more durable nano ceramic treatments which also work way better. It's also a little paranoid to think BMW would deny top warranty based on what cleaner or sealant used that you need to buy their stuff and keep the receipts as they recommend using an "Interior Cleaner" when a top cleaner is unavailable. However, I agree no car shampoo on a fabric top.
Appreciate 2
kv198036.00
IM2C2066.50