04-29-2009, 11:01 AM   #1
Buffalo
10th Planet Jiu-Jitsu
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

BMW North America Complaint

Greetings,

I was wondering if anyone here has ever contacted BMW of NA before regarding any service issues that couldn't be resolved at your dealer. My situation is I had the BMW alarm installed on my M3 for only $200 (Labor and coding), and my service advisor said the upgrade 33.1 (or higher) wouldn't be available for another month. Being military, I left for Hawaii two weeks later. There is only one BMW dealership on Oahu, and any BMW owner is pretty much at the mercy of their substandard customer service. The SA at BMW Honolulu had told me my car was up to date, and there were no new upgrades. Recently, my I-Drive has been lagging badly, and I thought maybe there was a correlation to the alarm. I contacted my SA in California and he told me BMW of Honolulu was lazy, and gave me the specific name of the software upgrade and offered to speak to my SA in Hawaii. To make a long story short, BMW Honolulu blew me off and said my car was up to date.

I just got off the phone with BMW Customer Relations (800-332-4269) and they told me they would handle the case and that they deal with service advisor issues all the time. I was wondering if anyone here had gone that far to get an issue resolved. I am just a little worried now that when I bring my car in for service, they're just going to beat the shit out it (metaphorically) because im "that guy" who called upper management on them.

Last edited by Buffalo; 07-08-2009 at 01:33 AM..
Appreciate 0