vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0L View Post
Then the next day, our dishwasher went tits-up! Same thing: we had to buy a high-end dishwasher, plus not the color we wanted simply because there isn't much available. Take it or leave it!
Our older (2012-ish?) entry-level 300-series Bosch dishwasher started acting weird at the end of cycles last spring, and I decided to replace it a few months ago with a new mid-range 500-series Bosch. Scored the last one in stock at my favorite regional appliance chain, with free delivery to my door in a few days (because we live at the very edge of their sales/delivery region). We went from an already-quiet 50dBA to a whisper-quiet 44dBA. I believe that the top-tier Bosch was sub-40 dBA, but their web site doesn't even list it any more because it is unobtanium.

I'm not really happy about the timing of the washer/dryer purchase, because we just decided a few weeks ago that we are not going to do any more home improvements and are focusing our resources point forward on a scratch-built retirement house in a slightly warmer climate. I'd rather not move them, but we'll see what happens when we get to that point.....