View Single Post
      12-27-2020, 10:46 AM   #16
3.0L
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M235i, 20k miles

Quote:
Originally Posted by vreihen16 View Post
Santa brought us a surprise on Christmas Eve in the form of a broken washing machine. Got 15 years out of the Bosch washer, which is a miracle with our well water that eats pipes and anything metal. Since Bosch doesn't sell adult-sized washers in the USA any more and local repair folks don't want to touch them, it was time to put it out to pasture.

Not-Santa dropped over $2,600 on a new washer/dryer set on Boxing Day yesterday, after upgraded warranties, installation accessories, tax, etc. Because 2020 and the continuing constraints on large appliance supplies, we had to drop the coin on $$$$ premium units because all of the cheaper units are back-ordered for a month or more. In addition, we had to order from two different places, because nobody locally had both the washer and dryer in stock at the same location.

Not-Santa also dropped a surprise laundry room re-model on us, while the washer/dryer are out for a few days.....

Wow, I hear you on that one! Our 20 year old clothes washer went belly up, so we decided to replace both the washer and same-age dryer. Then the next day, our dishwasher went tits-up! Same thing: we had to buy a high-end dishwasher, plus not the color we wanted simply because there isn't much available. Take it or leave it!

Beyond that, our new appliances are super-quiet compared to the old ones.

When writing your life's plan, use a pencil with an eraser
Appreciate 1
vreihen1615333.00