View Single Post
      11-09-2019, 10:46 PM   #52
vtknight
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 F90 M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by limeypride View Post
I confess, I'm surprised to hear this from you. For me, the M5's measure isn't remotely quantified by its 1/4 mile time or tuning potential--but it's certainly a fun pursuit while owning one.

Granted, the RS3's current accolades are nothing short of mind-blowing but--and I stress this--an RS3 is an entirely different laser-focused weapon and could not be much farther from the bottom of my shopping list. The M5 is a swiss-army knife... and I fear I've beaten that analogy to a pulp so time to stop.

If your point leans more toward the higher-end Audi S (forget them, they're diesels now) and/or RS cars, then, yes--I hope some of the RS3's DNA makes it in there since, with or without it, an RS7 will almost certainly be on my driveway within the next couple of years.

For now, though, a 4500 Ib family sedan that'll take on Lambos, Ferraris and Porsches with virtually home-made mods makes me smile daily. GTnedio's 10.15 on the street is nothing to be scoffed at.
Don't worry LP - my post was not disparaging towards the F90 CE - I love my car and the platform - it is as you say - a swiss army knife (and best year round all rounder I've ever owned). My point was about the fact that Audi's lowest end RS car - FBO - is quicker and faster than any FBO F90 I am aware of - and the F90 is quicker than anything Audi makes as a Sedan.

Which is why I stated, I can't believe I am writing this - but it would be great if Audi threw a performance bone to their RS4-7's (especialy the RS4-5's) so I could potentially consider one in the future versus the gaping maw of what may be the next M3/M4 because right now the C63 is apparently becoming a four cylinder hybrid and the RS5 is slow (I think the M550ix may be quicker). Although I prize my all rounders - straight line speed is a biggy for me. As you know - I am not modding any of my cars - so how it comes from factory stock is equally a biggy for me. And although handling, braking and drive are all important components - that grunt makes the car much more enjoyable which doing the above.

And - being honest - running 10.8's at nearly 130 MPH - and knowing no other competitor car is in that range - is nice.
Appreciate 1
limeypride4425.00