11-09-2019, 10:36 PM   #51
limeypride
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M8 Competition GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtknight View Post
I do find it interesting that Audi has the RS3 platform - that is literally the new GTR with all of the development going on - already in the 8's - and yet the RS4,5,6, and 7 need a performance bump. I am seriously considering the new M3 (despite what may be the worst front end in automotive history) - and that is because there are no competitors; the RS5 is slow - and the new C63S is apparently going to be a four cylinder hybrid. Yet the RS3 with fairly minimal investment relative to the overall price will smash my M5CE.

I can't believe I need to write this, but I am hoping Audi does something for their higher tier cars.
I confess, I'm surprised to hear this from you. For me, the M5's measure isn't remotely quantified by its 1/4 mile time or tuning potential--but it's certainly a fun pursuit while owning one.

Granted, the RS3's current accolades are nothing short of mind-blowing but--and I stress this--an RS3 is an entirely different laser-focused weapon and could not be much farther from the bottom of my shopping list. The M5 is a swiss-army knife... and I fear I've beaten that analogy to a pulp so time to stop.

If your point leans more toward the higher-end Audi S (forget them, they're diesels now) and/or RS cars, then, yes--I hope some of the RS3's DNA makes it in there since, with or without it, an RS7 will almost certainly be on my driveway within the next couple of years.

For now, though, a 4500 Ib family sedan that'll take on Lambos, Ferraris and Porsches with virtually home-made mods makes me smile daily. GTnedio's 10.15 on the street is nothing to be scoffed at.
Appreciate 0