Colonel
Rep
Drives: EFFEIGHTY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
It's a deal brother.

I'm not saying that the new ZF8 in the F90 M5 is going to be slow, quite the contrary. But I am simply stating that it will not be as fast as the DCT. Even in the Auto in the Vette Z06 is lightning fast, but the transmission in the CTS-V is terrible. The same can be compared to the MDCT and the PDK. The PDK in the 911GT3RS and the 918 Spyder are world class transmissions, so insanely fast and smooth, you can't even believe it. The MDCT is almost an entirely different transmission to the PDK, were they not both Dual Clutch.

The ZF8 doesn't bother me that much with the new M5, I agree with M Division in that ZF8 will be able to hold the torque better, it's a lot of the other little stuff that kills it for me. Side view mirrors look too similar to F80 M3's, same exhaust note from F10 M5 because its the same engine setup, floating iDrive screen design, headlights touching the front grille, door panels not made out of carbon fiber, still no word if the hood is going to be carbon fiber and the same with the crankshaft, and generally no innovative technologies besides the new ///M xDrive system. Where's my Active Aerodynamics, where's my Electric Turbos, where's my KERS system, where's my camless engine design, where's my laser headlights, where's any kind of new innovative technology beside a trick AWD system? The F10 M5 was innovative in that they used 2 turbos inside of the V on a V8 engine, no-one practically produced that before, now Audi and Mercedes are doing the same thing. Then Mercedes beats the new F90 M5 to market with trick AWD system of their own in the new E63S which is on sale today. The F90 will be the fastest M5 ever, but only because they are just now introducing a setup which Nissan figured out 10 years ago, by combing AWD with Twin Turbo engine. At least Mercedes is trying out new stuff by developing the innovative M256 engine and going to performance based hybrid electric setups for near future AMG models, like the new upcoming CLS53 AMG.

Ok that should be enough dissenting for the moment

But seriously, those side view mirrors on the M5, seriously M Division??! You can't come up with any OTHER design????

I totally agree with you RPIM5... It's great that the next-gen M5 is finally upon us, but what a disappointment that BMW M could not do better than a slightly upgraded V8TT and an auto tranny!!! They added better traction management with a slick AWD system, whoopty-doo. This generation of M5 is with us for another 6 years?! It's a joke IMO. The BMW M2 showed that M-div still had a soul. This tells me that M-div is losing its budget and heart to X-div. I realize many of you may say "fine, don't buy one." That's the last thing BMW should want to read. I have owned the last two gen's of M5 and M3s and if you can't convince a guy like me to roll over to a new one, there's a problem in Dingolfing... Booooo
Too soon for firm opinions on the car... not too soon for firm opinions on that launch color (blah)
Appreciate 1
ORIGIN M.3160.50