08-30-2021, 03:07 AM   #12
FourPtDrift
This is my unique custom title
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 F90 M5C, '20 F83 M4C

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryInch View Post
Since I’ve picked up the car, I’ve had M2 set at full plus everything, traction off and RWD.
For the track, right?

Right?

(Thinking Star Wars Meme here...)

Quote:
Every time I start the car, I click that M2 twice. I find the car is a lot more fun ripping around the city,
Ummm. No. No advisable. Under any circumstances. Unless you got the one bum F90 - NONE of these cars are making BMW's factory claimed numbers. They're all making WAY more power - to the wheels. And the car is just NOT setup with the contact patch to be driven on city streets (with road crown, something you don't find on a track), with all that power going just to the rear wheels. No way, no how. No.

You've been warned. Don't do it. You've been doing it, it's your right to do it. It is extremely ill advised and irresponsible.

Public roads - leave in in MDM, you'll get all the slipping' and sliding' you want, but with the power distribution you need between the front and rear diffs. And, you DO need it.

Quote:
I’m not a huge awd guy, unless drag racing or launching it.
Yeah, the AWD isn't just for "drag racing" and "launching."

You may have noticed that your car has very un-dragster like 275/35 fronts.

Quote:
It really changes the dynamic of the car, these buttons, it’s like having two cars in one. I love how they set it up, that is so easy to change snd use daily if that is your preference.
Agreed. Great to have flexibility. But it seems to me that you're just now discovering M Buttons which have been around for YEARS. Nothing new here. Which also suggests you may be a bit inexperienced in safely managing a car producing, in actuality, well north of 700bhp at the crank. (Please, let's not get started on the absurdity of the 617bhp claim for a 4,300 pound car with a torque converter and two diffs that can run 0-60 times south of 3 seconds).

How much track experience do you have with your M5? How many times have you had experience on wet and dry skid pads? Do you know the delta in radial distance from your average city intersections left and right hand turns relative what is recovered to manage throttle oversteer on your car on a track surface? Do you know the delta between road crown variance, on-camber to off-camber when comparing left hand sweepers to right hand sweepers and the maximum negative camber your M5's suspension can correct for under load?

Quote:
Wondering if there is other guys that prefer the more raw mode?
25 years of track experience. Sponsored by Bridgestone for over 10 years. BMW CCA, PCA, FCA MBCA, JOC experienced. I wouldn't drive an F90 in RWD on public roads in a million years. Irresponsible and beyond arrogant to think you can account for road conditions and considerations on a public road that changes constantly.

Your raw mode may result in raw metal exposed.

2021 F90 Comp LCI Frozen Marina Bay Blue/Aragon Brown Full Merino
2020 F83 Comp LCI Porsche Chalk/Black Full Merino
2018 F82 Comp LCI Mineral White/Sakhir Orange (Sold)
2017 F83 Comp Black Saphhire/Sakhir Orange (Sold)
Appreciate 3