View Single Post
      12-29-2021, 05:58 PM   #9
crypto
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by fm379 View Post
Thanks for posting this. I especially liked the part where one of the reviewers said, "Everything it does…it does, not just a little bit better than an M5 competition, not just quite a bit better than an M5 competition, but massively better."

I myself have not driven an M5 competition, but I can compare the CS to my '18 base M5 First Edition, and the CS blows the base M5 out of the water.

Car and Driver was able to get a CS from 0-60 in 2.6 seconds, and a quarter mile time of 10.5 seconds. To compare, I believe the 0-60 time for an M5 comp was 2.7 seconds (also ridiculously fast), with a quarter mile time of 10.8 seconds.

Here's the link to the Car and Driver article. I think it says the CS is not any faster to 60mph than an M5 comp, but it clearly lists the CS as 0.1 seconds faster, so not sure if the "isn't any faster" is an oversight?

https://www.caranddriver.com/feature...e-tested-2021/
All the magazines seem to use 1ft roll out numbers, which put them .2-.3 seconds faster than how it seems most others (to include the car manufacturers) measure the time. This doesn't refute anything per se, as they are comparing apples to apples in terms by measuring all the cars the same way. Just something to keep in mind when a car reviewer or forum member with a Dragy (and not Vbox) posts a best time of 3.0 seconds and then Motortrend or some mag seems to be the only one reporting 2.7s. Numbers are just rough examples and not digging up specific cases to be exact.
Appreciate 0