View Single Post
      11-02-2021, 11:00 AM   #20
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtwo3 View Post
Anyone focusing on spreadsheet numbers has clearly missed the point. This car isn't about numbers, it's about how it makes you feel. It's an absolute joy to drive. The combination of the sound it makes, the feel of an NA V8, and the ability to break traction easily all contribute to a fun, visceral driving experience.

It's a gorgeous and comfortable GT cruiser with excellent fit and finish and a gem of an engine. It's a car you take on date night or a fun Sunday drive. Not something you take to the track or attempt to race others in.
I don't agree with this 100%. I happen to like the way it looks inside and out. I also think it sounds amazing for a stock car, closer to an American muscle car than something Lexus would make.

I walked away from the test drive thinking I like the car, but I don't LOVE it for $78k used. And this was before COVID prices, I don't know what they're doing now. For that much money, I would want more fun and performance personally, but I don't think I'm missing the point. Now maybe if they somehow tank to $40k, I'd be more onboard.

I still think for much less money, the S65 is a visceral engine. Yes, I know the cars are apples and oranges, but I didn't get back in my E92 M3 missing anything but the interior quality and design.

Not trying to knock on the car, I'm very glad Lexus made it!
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 2
wtwo317971.00