View Single Post
      12-09-2018, 04:26 PM   #9
shellbmb
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 F90 M5C

Adding a Sub

Couple of things I found out today. There is a very small sub under both front seats. Just move the seat all the way forward and you can see it from the rear seats. It's very small and I'm surprised that's all they did for the upgraded B&W system. I'm not going to waste my time trying to replace that.

Also, stopped by my local car stereo place. JL Audio makes an enclosure that has two 8" 8W3v3 speakers in it. It fits perfect in our trunk. See attached picture. They also make a powered version of this, but it's a bit wider. They didn't have one in stock so I couldn't test fitment of that one. And it only weighs 32 pounds.

I think there are ample places in the trunk to get a speaker level input for a converter as aren't the amps for the system housed behind the liners? Adding an amp should be easy since the battery is in the trunk. The only thing they'd have to run up front is a bass control knob.

So overall it seems fairly easy to add. Box w/ speakers is about $500 on sale. So not cheap. Amp can range from 250-600 depending on which level JL amp you go with. So I figure 1000-1500k with misc parts and labor.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0