View Single Post
      12-28-2018, 09:01 AM   #43
Ash83
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i & RS5 (SOLD)/ 18 CTS-V

Man too many fans are butt hurt on both sides.

First of all if you say German Cars are reliable then I dare you to own one after 50K miles and after warranty.

I have both cars, I had an 16 M5 for 6 months before I got a 18 CTS-V both cars are awesome and I am not gonna defend the M5 since this is a BMW forum and the M5 can speak for itself.

On the other hand the V is a beast and it is the absolute middle finger to anyone who says you need AWD to handle 650HP, I would say go and take some classes on how to drive out side your comfort zone then come back.

The engine, suspension and the chassis are an A+ hands down.

The Transmission is Awful in manual mode but if you leave it in auto with the PTM mode it will be fine and it can handle the ridiculous fast RPM change fine. I can do 3.6s-3.9s 0-60 on regular basis with no issues.

CUE is as everyone said as bad as BMW i-drive Gen1 but as of 2017 they had hardware update and it is ok now (very fast and responsive), the capacitive buttons are still there but really you bought an 100K car to feel the volume buttons !!! if you do not like them then go and use the ones on the steering wheel they are physical. to me GM tried this experiment and failed like BMW with the stupid gesture control.

And finally at least in the US the V had more respect than the M, in 2 months of owning the V I had more thumbs up on the road and during Cars and Coffee than the M, the only down side I got pulled over twice (one by state trooper and one by local PD) just to check the car.

Just go and enjoy the car you like and do not feel offended by other manufacturers. at least to me the V at 20K bellow MSRP that is already 10K less than equivalent germans is the best in the RWD super sedan cars segment. and it still can compete and holds its ground compared to the new AWD sedans thats unless all you care about is drag race and 0-60 times.

Performance: JB4|BMW PE|DP Cosmetics: BMW Sport Pedals|Black Kidney Grill

Last edited by Ash83; 12-28-2018 at 09:24 AM..
Appreciate 1
momos750142.50