View Single Post
      04-02-2018, 11:08 PM   #30
RedGT3RS
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW, Porsche

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_fan View Post
Coming from 1st hand experience with VAG products they routinely have issues as well. I’ve lemon lawed a couple of them BMW I have had 13 of them “all bought new” 3 have been bought back 1998 328i, 2005 E46 ZHP, 2010 550 ( with only 700 miles on the odo) MINI’s have their issues as well. The only car out of the ones you mentioned with a solid reliability rating is Porsche - namely 911’s.

I grew up with Cadillac’s . interior quibbles (namely the Tech GUI) aside the driving dynamics are not remotely in the same universe of what was produced from ....umm ever... Mattter of fact, those who want plush riding BarcaLounger’s would likely be turned off.

I previously owned 2 DTS; 1 Escalade myself. Currently have a CTS Vsport in the stable as well. It’s a bonafide sleeper.

I can agree with Porsche, have owned 8 of them, from turbo S, to gt3’s, even reg Carrera S, no issues with any of them. At one point I was using a 997 turbo S as a daily, put 35k miles on it in one year and ended up selling it at 85k, no issues.

Even Ferrari reliability isn’t so bad from experience especially the 430, and 458.
Appreciate 0