View Single Post
      12-10-2022, 09:51 AM   #9
Patton250
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3,M5,Turbo S

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResIpsaLoquitur View Post
That's pretty legit. As others said, including AHall, I got either 11 or 12% off on my first one in October 2019, then basically MSRP in May/June 2022. Probably one of the more ideal color specs on both. 10% now isn't bad at all!

With that being said, even if you told me in May that I could get 10% off MSRP in December, I wouldn't have waited. I was lucky that the exact spec of my ordered car was sitting at a dealership, and after slightly protracted negotiations, I got to have the car immediately.
I would love to film someone (secretly of course) walking into Tampa BMW, walk straight up to the general sales manager and announce to him that it’s their understanding there’s a 10% discount on M5’s. Now I know this man (the GSM) is pretty much a smart ass, so I suspect, depending on how clean the floor is where is standing when this person says this to him, that he would commence to laughing uncontrollably and then collapse on the floor.

Listen guys. I’ll be glad to pay a commission to anyone on this forum that can hook me up with a dealer within 1000 miles of Tampa that will give me a 10% discount with/and an allocation for an M5. One that will be built before March of course because mine that’s on order now will be. Thanks in advance.

I’m relatively new to buying luxury sports cars. I’ve only been doing it for the last four or five years I guess. My kids are grown up and college is taken care of so it’s more justifiable now. Having said that, I always read on this forum and over on the Porsche forum, that all these guys are getting discounts, or even paying MSRP for turbo S’s yet no matter where I search and how much time I spend on it I can never find dealerships doing these things. Honestly, it makes me feel like an idiot. I think of myself as a decent negotiator, but whenever I call any dealership, I just have bad luck. Let’s take my search for an M5 allocation for example. I have a very strong relationship with my local BMW and it took them two months and trading tons of other model allocations to another dealership to finally bag me an M5 allocation. I am paying MSRP for it. The word “discount” is not even in this dealerships vocabulary for anything especially M cars. Not today or this year I mean. The way the economy is going perhaps that will all change in the not too distant future but today there are no discounts at any BMW that I’m aware of. Same thing with the elusive turbo S. I gave up and just sold my Turbo S because I was waiting to get an allocation to build one to my own personal spec. It’s just not happening. There are no allocations and when you do find one it’s 50 K or 75K over MSRP. Unless of course you are on the Rennlist forum where many guys claim they are getting them at MSRP. I can’t find one at MSRP. This whole thing is rather frustrating. Anyway, sorry for the rant. I’m glad to be getting back in the BMW with an M5 that should be here by the end of February.
Appreciate 2