04-08-2019, 08:43 AM   #13
Wild Blue
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X7 M50i, 2004 330i w/ZHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppagiga View Post
all x7s have that travel and comfort thing built into the two front seats. you don't need the entertainment package for that.
Actually, I've been curious. I don't have any interest in the rear entertainment system (I find two iPads for the kids to be a much better option) but does the rear entertainment screens block the travel and comfort ports and make them unusable?

Quote:
so you're free to buy whatever you want to plug into those two seats. the bench and captains seat backs do NOT have this plugging receptacle. so for third row passengers you can buy something that attaches to the second row headrest poles and then plug into that.
True. Part you could use for the 3rd row is the base system listed here:
https://www.shopbmwusa.com/PRODUCT/3...AVEL---COMFORT

Youtube video in Russian showing it here with the hangar attachment:

And a BMW ad on Youtube showing the various attachments. I'm kind of intruiged by the GoPro mount. Wonder how intrusive that'd be in real life.

And also to mention, each 3rd row seat also has a USB-C power port built into their armrest.

Quote:
re safety cases they have a little notch at the bottom that holds them in place and works very well with the travel and comfort holder. i think you are pretty much forced to spend 50 bucks per device to attach it. maaaaaaaybe the case you have will work but it wont be as secure. worth a shot
Yeah, I'd have to try that out. I'd just hate to give up the awesome drop protection of an Otterbox Defender, or Zagg Tough Book cases, just for the minority of the time we'd put the iPads in the car. Most of the time, we use our iPads in real life other places.

Last edited by Wild Blue; 04-08-2019 at 08:54 AM..
Appreciate 0