View Single Post
      02-14-2006, 07:32 PM   #1
bavarian19
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Car

Latest Software Upgrade

Well, I brought my car in to get the latest software upgrade for many reasons. They say it is a complete reflash of the software in the entire car. Programmable options are working, bluetooth a little better... I was pleasantly surprised by one aspect of the upgrade. So let me tell you the story as it happened...

So I sit down with my service assistant, and he is running me through the programming options I wanted to have changed. He also tells me that the newest software upgrade has slightly improved the engine's performance, and he has heard of cases of increased efficiency as well. As always, I am a little skeptical of this actually being true. Not believing a word he said, I just gladly took my car back and headed home.

... I have a nice night out with the SO, and on the way home. Just me and the E90. The engine is all warmed up and ready to go. Punch it.

Now I will be the first to say that its not like I have bolted on a supercharger and I am absolutely floored. I do notice a much better response in the lower RPM's. Its as if the maximum torque was now available at a lower RPM than it used to be. Understand I am not saying there is more torque... just better delivery of it earlier.

It is not a huge difference, but certainly a noticeable one if you put your foot down every once in a while. Hooray BMW... Good work :rocks:
Appreciate 0