View Single Post
      12-05-2021, 09:29 PM   #1
paulyboy123
Paulyboy123
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW F90 M5 Competition, BMW M4

So about 4.5 weeks ago I had a low coolant warning on my 2020 M5 Comp (8800 miles). I had filled up around a cups worth of coolant to the main reservoir and the other reservoir was normal level. Come to think again the warning did go away when I shut the car off and started it back up although the level was indeed low and way below the minimum mark. Now fast forward to today I got the warning again and had restarted the car and the warning went away, upon checking regardless the coolant was indeed again way below the minimum line and this time about a cup and a half's worth of coolant was added to bring it up between the max and min line. After driving it to operating temps I had parked it back home in the drive way and noticed the coolant was on the ground and checked the levels and they were now way above maximum meaning it had been seemingly overfilled and the excess coolant was dumped. What I am not understanding is where the coolant is going to begin with that is making levels drop like this and why restarting the car makes the warning go away although checking it confirms that it is low. Today's situation seemed to result in it being overfilled although it was never above max line. I cannot find a single leak anywhere within the engine although there does seem to be a sweet smell coming from it when it is running. Also to note I am on the NYC area and the weather has been getting a little colder so that may affect levels but I don't assume to this extent. The picture attached is taken after driving showing that the levels were now above max although being filled originally to between the min and max levels.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0