Captain
Rep
Drives: M8 GC || M5 Comp || X7 40i

Garage List
2021 BMW X740i  [0.00]
2021 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wesleyan92 View Post
I have had a number of nits with my car that I figured I'd get taken care of when I got a nail in my rear tire. Classic BMW came to my home to drop off a brand new X5 and pick up the M. All done contactless over email - super easy. Issues to fix:

- Middle button on iDrive sticks - it is super grabby
- Rattle in B pillar
- Rattle in sunroof
- Back up camera contrast and brightness doesn't work
- Said tire with nail

SA calls me and says, are you sure you didn't spill anything before we take the I-Drive off; I categorically say no - I don't even drink coffee in my car.

Get a call today from the Dealer saying they found "something" behind the controller and BMW will NOT cover the $1300 change under warranty. I told the dealer to put my old controller back in and tell BMW to go take a flying f***!

Manager is taking another pass to see if they can get the claim approved. Super frustrating but minor in the grand scheme of life.
Update on the situation. BMW is refusing to budge. Service advisor did screw up and authorized the replacement without me explicitly giving approval. He is a straight up guy and I don't want him to get screwed so I agreed to pay for the part and labor. Will take it up with BMW on the side and see what happens.
Appreciate 0