09-25-2018, 07:22 AM   #11
skalberti
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Mineral White M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by magna6882 View Post
I did drive the macan turbo and the macan s. Both myself and my wife drove the car. We like the styling of the exterior and interior better then bmw and mercedes but unless in sport mode and holding revs at the top end neither cars impressed with getup and go. We went next door and jumped into an x3m40i and that did a better job putting a smile on our faces. We then jumped into an 18 x5 50i and it felt close to the x3 but had that v8 sound.
When we test drove back in 2017 i was impressed with the x5 50i but it was my wife's car and she went with the q7. I have been watching the x5 development ever since.
How have you been liking your Q7? We had a F15 X5D for 4 years with no issues. Then a month before warranty expired the idrive went out for a total cost installed of around $5K. Then the day after the warranty expired the air bags went out and were replaced under the "good will" warranty. We needed a little more room than the X5 so the Q7 seemed to fit the bill. After owning for a few weeks, my wife misses her X5. The main reason is all the techie stuff and learning a new infotainment system.