View Single Post
      02-21-2023, 12:08 AM   #32
TFBravo
Some Guy
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 GX460, 2022 M5C

Garage List
I've had a 2020 E63S and now a 22 M5C. Yes generally speaking all car reviewers/journalists are right. Both cars have soul and characters I'd wager. The E63S does have more drama, the exhaust is more aggressive and growly, more random bangs and aggressive shifts and downshifts, combined with more cabin noise is how you get that more DRAMA or feel or whatever they always talk about.

M5s exhaust is just too refined, yes its just as LOUD, but it doesn't sound like a muscle car, the cabin is quiet and the shifts are sharper, hence why you get that "refined" feel, which numbs the car COMPARED to E63S. It does not make M5 less of a beast, its still bonkers. Its just that the Jakle and Hyde feel is more prominent in the E63S. Comfort mode feels too much like Grandpa E Class, and then Sport+/Race mode feels it wants to rip peoples faces off in traffic. BMW still feels sporty in comfort setting, so switching to the Sport + mode is not as dramatic. I hope that makes sense.

Both cars are great, I loved and love them, both make me turn my head. If BMW would have the exhaust just a little more louder, a little more aggressive when the valves are open it would be ideal. That's the biggest gripe, everything else I truly don't miss. BMW feels a little more distinguished. And its proper I miss the exhaust, you SHOULD miss the exhaust if you owned a proper AMG that's the whole point of a true AMG, its called "the hammer" for a reason and they did not disappoint.

If I could I'd own both.
Appreciate 1
DavidXJ664.50