Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi S3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanWRT View Post
Easy man, I was not trying to say piggyback is a superior solution, but simply was concerned of HPFP failure under stress of flash tune. In the past few months, 3 of my m2 buddies (on downpipe only), using 2 different flashes, saw misfire at higher RPMs so they had to go back to piggyback. It appeared the tunes tricked less in boost but played too much with fuelling/timing.

I am sure there is a good balance to be found between boost/fuelling/timing with restriction from stock system, something only flash tunes can do best. But who am I kidding? They don't like restriction and instead will tell you go PI (fuelling), Meth (IAT) and bigger turbo (Boost), that not every daily car can swallow and I am sure not what OP see as a daily tune.
Nothing wrong with utilizing a jb4 stack, and you are not speaking false, its very true and known that you will have miss fire and the HPFP will start to choke and drop off in pressure and the boost will drop drastically without PI or meth as well because fueling is being cut. I have seen it in 2 of my revisions and we had to scale the boost back and adjust the a/f. This is something that just needs to be monitored and custom set up with your tuner if you just desire to run 93 or E30 blend. There is a very thin line there, I have met it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff@autocouture View Post
I would have to Agree with VF on this one, Generalizing all other tunes to BM3 sounds a little biased without having experience with other tune's out there. Sure BM3's customizing and logging aspects are great, much along the lines of the old cobb acessport. The customers we have done BM3 to are very happy and i have no ill will about it.

BUT.... There are also people out there that have zero desire to log, switch maps, or incorporate their phone/handheld into their tune. Some people simply want a flash tune/jb4 etc, and turn their car on and go without worrying.
I will chime in on this without bias I think I am qualified.
Money spent aside, I have a JB4, 1st flash in late 2015 with enzo, spent all last year on a custom ACF bench flash/jb4 stack, then unlocked dme for bm3 and future tuning, used a bm3 map (still in development-I have boost leak issues) and I am still juggling a new ACF flash only for a ps1 map.

I can say that bm3 has a serious product. The level of customer service and outright speed of revisions and custom map development. PTF/bm3 supersede anything I have tried listed above at the moment. I cannot say My car is faster or slower then tuner x I.E. that I have not tried its all really a talk game and show me time slips at that point.
I really believe that most of the ECU flashed cars no matter what tuner you use they have all gotten very very close and understand how to manipulate tables. I just think the difference is in the attention to all the little details, custom user end, logging, resale, customer support. Whatever one chooses and thinks its best for them there are some good products out now with some valid data backing claims, rather be it a vF turn key and forget it n go or something like BM3, choose wisely and do your research and on what you want.

I choose BM3 and Dzenan every time with what he is capable of, because that is what I want and I know what I get.

Happy flashing... whoever you guys choose.