02-04-2019, 12:36 AM   #57
GhostyM
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: plenty

Quote:
Originally Posted by delrosa81 View Post
For people who prioritise on image and swagger, if given just 2 choices, aston and the bmw, choosing the aston would be a natural choice.

For someone whom prioritises performance over form, the F90 M5, would be the natural choice.

For me however, if finances permit and I only have these 2 choices, I would get both and drive them for different occasions. if I could only afford one, the F90 M5 it is. it is one thing to look fast, if challenged however and you are being smoked frequently in such challenges, it does feel fustrating especially if U spent quite a fair bit of dough on the car.

F90 would be a natural choice for me.
People pick Aston because of it's looks and 500hp too bit isn't bad. It's not faster than the F90 but it doesn't need to be.

Prioritizing performance over form wouldn't lead to an F90 M5 at all if that your criteria.. an M5 is a fast grocery getter that is used all over the US as a DAILY DRIVER. It's an all around family sedan with 600hp. No need to explain it further. It's comfy and can keep up with fast cars in only a straight line.

M5 is only good in 1/4 mile runs.

It won't out-handle cars at half it's price around a racetrack. Even a 2018 Mustang GT PP did a faster lap than the F90 M5 by almost 2 seconds around VIR and the F90 barely outpaced a 718 Cayman S (which has 215+hp less, more like 250hp if you include the understated hp figures from the M5).

The only purpose an M5 has to offer is the fact that it's a comfy and super fast daily that you can go shopping with and have some minor fun on the weekends. If I'm spending 120k for performance over form.. why not both? I'd be looking at 991.1 GT3/2017 R8 V10 (non pluses) and keeping my money rather than blowing 50k of it away in 2 years time with buying a new M5. Just saying.
Appreciate 0