View Single Post
      12-28-2018, 08:15 PM   #2
MSPORTWORLD
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 M3 MW/FR - '12 M3 FO/SC

Garage List
When BMW develops any M car, thousands of man-hours are put into making it into a finely balanced and turned performance machine. As such, it is important to respect the time and effort that went into tuning the M5 when you consider modding one.

To my knowledge this is the first F90 M5 in the United States to have the Vogtland Sport Spring Kit installed. My E92 M3 has Vogtland’s Sport Spring Kit installed so naturally I inquired to see if they had an F90 application.

My E92 M3 at SEMA:

The ride comfort is similar to the OE springs and the 1″ drop in front paired with the 0.7″ drop in the rear both lowers and levels the wheel gap between the front and rear. When it was all said and done I picked up an additional 0.3 degrees of negative camber up front and 0.2 degrees of negative camber in the rear, which will help with tire wear on the outside shoulders during the track days this car will see over the next year.

For those unfamiliar with Vogtland, they are an industrial spring part manufacturer that has been around for 110 years as of 2018. Almost 30 of these years have included the manufacture of aftermarket suspension components for passenger vehicles. To put this in perspective, KW Automotive has only been in business for around 26 years and they are one of the most beloved names in the industry. In contrast Vogtland has not put as much time or effort into marketing themselves so they may have flown under the radar a bit for many. Nevertheless, Vogtland is quintessentially German and that is reflected in the quality and engineering apparent in their products. They also have a respectable racing heritage to draw technical expertise from, having provided race springs for a number of NASCAR and Indy Car teams in North America over the years.
Attached Images

Last edited by MSPORTWORLD; 12-30-2018 at 03:34 PM.. Reason: Updated w/suspension mods
Appreciate 2
Neptune71416.00
F85MTuNED1620.50