04-04-2020, 06:04 PM   #34
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss_m5 View Post
That's me not knowing anything about installing DP's not them. I got that wrong and after talking to them again the next day I asked them that same question about taking the exhaust off. The exhaust was removed the the whole time so yes they still had difficulties installing the DP's with the exhaust removed. That is Routine for them to take the whole exhaust off to install DP's. I have a lot of confidence in them and anybody in the DC metro area that needs downpipe's installed for their F90 go to GTpeace in Va.
Got it.

But I still have a feeling that it is installer issue.
Between me and a few other vendors in this forum, like AutoTalent and X-PH, I can say that we have sold at least 200 sets of ER downpipe to F90 community and I haven't heard any single issue on fitment.
Yes, it is a little harder to install, but there is no fitment issue.
As you mentioned.
"the shop said once they hooked everything up it was buttoned up nicely with no rattles or leaks."

That is not fitment issue. It is more of installer issue.
I bet you if you give him a MSR or Keller downpipe the first time, he will have the same issue.

Too bad I don't have pictures of product fit fitment issues. It is a nightmare. Nothings lining up even with a muscle-ing and the manufacturer said that it was installer issue until I show it to the customer how much off they were. From top to bottom, nothing lined up, even the clamp that was supplied, will cover up the O2 bung if it used. That is fitment issues.
Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 0