Tonymiabmw
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Nardo F90 M5 on order

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3GymNut View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cntzl View Post
Yea, a sports car with two stacked iPad screens and a column shifter. It doesn't get any sportier than that I haven't driven either car so can't comment on the performance but with all due respect I don't see anything like 3 series interior in the new M5.
He's just saying that to make himself feel better about getting the car.
No the M5 interior is weak and the design and geometry look like a 3 series. The screen and over all concept follow the same design. Also why would I need make myself feel better? I had multiple opportunities to pick up an M5(and still could as they are not flying off showroom floors). I just find the car and interior very weak with nothing that screams special to me. When your master BMW tech of 12 years (and bmw fanboy) messages you pictures of the car and how it looks a boring and feels like the inside of a 3 series and to get the AMG. That is saying something. After driving both he is 100% correct. Plus the performance of both is pretty much on the same level. Although the Mercedes 9 speed transmission with clutch plates vs BMWs zf 8 with a torque converter(the same auto in all other BMWs) I find the Mercedes to shift and downshift a lot smoother.

This doesn't look like 100k cars interior to me.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
RPiM52873.00