08-27-2018, 08:31 PM   #15
ryem3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 MB M2 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by cntzl View Post
Like I said, to each their own I guess... I do what you're saying for aftermarket parts but for M performance parts it doesn't make much sense to me. I'd rather get a big fat discount on port installed items (up to 20% in the US) and not pay for any labor. When I sell the car, I would obviously factor in the MPE in the resale value. If I were to get the MPE after delivery, I would have to pay for the labor twice (to put the MPE on and then put the stock muffler back on). Also, for reference M3/M4 MPE resale value isn't that great for the reasons I mentioned above. Not to mention I'd also have to store that huge ass M2C muffler as long as I keep the car.
Uh, no. Fast discount on port installed items? You haven't priced OEM parts with dealers. The port installed items are marked up. Factor in the MPE in resale value? You get squat in resale value. Labor is like $200-300. Used mpe resale is not that great? Haven't seen many for sale, but these should trade for $2k, which is hardly not that great. You'll never get an additional $2k in resale value. I'm with Artemis on this totally.
Appreciate 0