United_States
Rep
Drives: 981 Cayman GTS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cntzl View Post
Stock M3/M4 exhaust usually going for $100-$200. Considering you don't pay for labor with port install, $100-200 that you can make by selling the stock exhaust doesn't mean much. Also, to each their own but why would anyone wanna keep their stock M2C muffler as long as you are replacing it with a legal, OEM option? I don't think anyone would pay a penny for that hideous muffler
It's the other way around: during resale, most part out with the aftermarket goodies and retrofit the original parts (often only temporarily used original parts).

"Brand new original exhaust !" often means "I drove around with the MPE which I sold/sell separately" (or "Recently I had a mishap"...).
Like I said, to each their own I guess... I do what you're saying for aftermarket parts but for M performance parts it doesn't make much sense to me. I'd rather get a big fat discount on port installed items (up to 20% in the US) and not pay for any labor. When I sell the car, I would obviously factor in the MPE in the resale value. If I were to get the MPE after delivery, I would have to pay for the labor twice (to put the MPE on and then put the stock muffler back on). Also, for reference M3/M4 MPE resale value isn't that great for the reasons I mentioned above. Not to mention I'd also have to store that huge ass M2C muffler as long as I keep the car.
Appreciate 0