United_States
Rep
Drives: 981 Cayman GTS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD08 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cntzl View Post
It won't make any difference in terms of getting a ticket. You can easily prove it's a legal part offered by BMW if you were to get pulled over or even got a ticket. Only big difference you'll see is in terms of the warranty. If you order the MPE with the car as a port install part, it'll be listed on your window sticker, hence will be included in the 4-year manufacturer warranty. If you buy it once your car is here and get it installed at the dealer, it'll only have 2-year warranty. Given cracking issues with the M3/M4 titanium MPE, I'd much prefer the 4-year warranty with port install if I were to get MPE.
I am aware of the 2 year dealer vs 4 year port warranty.
It wasn't listed available yet according to my salesman. I'll have to contact the GM tomorrow because the car ports on the 28th!

are you completely sure about the bmw part thing..

I feel the courts, would want to see paper work.
and yes i can go to a configurator and show it's an option (by then)
but it will be a hastle. Compared to if i show them the MSRP invoice with the MPE on there (port or dealer).
Yes, I'm sure. As long as the part is legal in your state (I believe MPE is legal in every US state), you should be fine. Don't remember the exact thread title but there was a thread under M3/M4 California subforum and a member got a ticket for MPE (but his car had catless downpipes as well). MPE with catless downpipes is not legal obviously but as far as I remember he was able to get out of the ticket despite the downpipes by just proving that MPE is an OEM exhaust upgrade which is legal. I think this was a fix-it ticket and I don't exactly remember if he had to put the stock downpipes back on but he got the ticket dismissed. You can search under that subforum.
Appreciate 1
SD0841.00