View Single Post
      05-18-2016, 11:23 AM   #2
WhiteTitan
Rep
Drives: 750i

No, the back seats do not fold down, and that is a bit of a mystery to me because there is a code, as an option, for rear fold-down seats--look it up. You just can't get it in the US, I suppose.

I noticed the sunroof as well, and this was done to permit for the rear glass section, otherwise the front sunroof could slide into that space.

Yeah, I don't know why they keep smashing the front of these German cars and lowering them more and more. Any type of frontal collision will rip right into the grill and engine compartment, avoiding the bumper altogether.

The quality on my F01 is fantastic, and to be honest, I believe the G series is over the top on some of the fancy lighting and shiny pieces, but that's ok. I'll give it a try. I'm not required to keep it forever, so we'll see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skerdian View Post
Just picked up a base model 740i xdrive. Not a single option.

Pros- this is my 4th 7 and my 1st I6 engine..power is just perfect. Plently of pull and great mpg. Very roomy. Handling is exceptional. Trans is smooth as butter.

Cons (to me at least)- Visually not a big upgrade from F02. I actually think F02 looked better with higher hood. Not a fan of the narrow styled headlights. Great it has a pano roof now, but the slide back clearance for the front glass is too little. It looks awkward when opened. Cheap vent material. Plastic surrounding shifter looks odd, as if it can be adjusted to be elsewhere (black plastic area). Indicator stalk feels cheap. Cabin not as luxurious (in my opinion, at least in base trim) as the F02. Having a hard time going through my iphone music library in iDrive. Can only play music that I control from the phone. Using display key when locking car always triggers alarm (may need service?), no easy access to battery in the rear.

Questions- can mirrors auto fold when locking? Can the rear seats fold down? Its looks like it may but there are no latches in the trunk.
Appreciate 0