View Single Post
      05-27-2020, 11:50 AM   #2
euro*
Canada
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambletx View Post
So this happened yesterday. I was cruising home from the office, and this older dude in a newer (2019+) Nissan Maxima came screaming up behind me. I'm not sure what all he had done to the car, but it def wasn't stock. If I had to put a sound to it, I'd say it sounded like a GTR. Well, he got beside me and kept lunging forward (around 50 MPH). After the 3rd time of this I let him get about a half car length on me, and dropped the hammer. Well, as I expected I pulled away from him with ease, but what surprised me was that I didn't pull away from him as fast as I thought I should. This went on for about another 5 times until I guess he got tired of losing, and pulled off. However, this got me wondering, what could he have done to a Maxima to hang with an M5 like he did? ¯\_(O_o)_/¯ I have been google'ing all morning trying to find anything on these cars being modded, but couldn't find anything.
I'm not sure about maximas, but infinity cars from the same year are very tunable, and a buddy of mine has one with JB4 and it is a quick car. Not sure if maxima shares the same engine.
Appreciate 0