06-26-2019, 12:40 AM   #12
yujini
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G05 X5 30d, Boxster GTS (981)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jc16 View Post
not trying to hate on the new cluster but the current one looks way better imho. im not use to the weird shape of the new cluster. But since my car has been in the dealership for multiple problems i have driven both the 2019 x5 and the 2020 750i with the live cockpit. I find it super gimmicky. the map doesnt show much info, no street names, it doesnt zoom out only shows a certain distance on the route you are travelling. i assume its there to help you navigate the streets around you? i dont see any other use for it. i do notice the new head up displays gives more detailed directions. To me i drive 7 does seem faster and have more functions. i especially appreciate the feature that locks and unlocks you car as your approach or leave the vehicle( not sure if it is an option on our current cars). Would there be a way to update our systems to idrive 7 since if it is just software?
ai believe there's more h/w for id7 that is required.
If you are talking about just the os itself i'm sure it is possible, but there are more sensors, especially an extra camera (total of 3 vs 2 for current 5 series).

This is the reason why acc is better for the recent id7 vehicles (g05 x5, g20 3, etc)
Appreciate 0