View Single Post
      07-23-2020, 07:42 AM   #11
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: iPace / Mini

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNW1 View Post
I do think it's increasingly difficult to exploit the potential of very high powered cars on UK roads. Obviously that depends to some extent on where you live but even here in North Yorkshire - which has some great driving roads and a relatively low level of congestion - the dreaded camera vans are often lurking to spoil any enjoyment.

For that reason I think fun is more likely to be found in something like an Elise or perhaps even an MX5; they're not rocket ships in a straight line but the higher level of involvement and intimacy makes for a much more satisfying driving experience even at legal speeds. All IMHO of course!

ETA: And if you don't want more than one vehicle, a G21 M340i does a very good job of covering most of the bases - might be a bit biased there though!
funnily enough I did look at an MX5 a couple of weeks ago, but that and any of the ones I had wasnt a good combination. Not completely out of the question next year when we see whether there are bargains to be had in houses towards the end of the year. Rental properties make me money, unlike cars...

And yes an M340i T does do most things well, but so far no matter how much I look at them I cant love the looks....
Appreciate 0