United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i MT

Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ticaohaha View Post
Hi guys

Im living in Houston, Texas. I have E92 N55 xdrive. with FBO and meth kit for couple months. After i got towed ( flat bed was not used) , the car started to act weird for couple days. The engine shut down while driving for at least 2 times. Check engine light is on. Transmission sluggist, and cannot drive past 40 mph. Vibration when start up and when driving.
I brought the car to dealership , and they claimed it was bad fuel injector that caused the engine to act up strangly.

This morning, they called again and claim that because i have the methanol injection in my car. that is the cause for Fuel Injector went bad, and they said they will void my warranty.

Are they allowed to void warranty without diagnose or they can do it because the detected mods ?

Please help me ! And thank you for all the answers
People have had their warranty voided for having an aftermarket intake (consider how ludicrous this is when BMW actually sells a performance intake). There is an act of Congress called the Magnuson-Moss act.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnuso...s_Warranty_Act

The gist is that the dealer has to prove that the damage was caused by the aftermarket part. In your case, you are doing meth injection so they can directly correlate that to engine damage.

Its always better to remove your mods before you car goes to the dealer. Mods like meth injection are best done after your factory warranty has expired.

Take your car to a shop specializing in BMW. Most have former BMW mechanics doing the work:
http://www.bimmershops.com/search?q=houston