CanAutM3
General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 911 turbo

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeFromPA View Post
However, I think I'd actually spend my track time in "efficient" throttle mode, especially on a technical track.?
The "anti-lag" features are not activated in Efficient mode and the engine throttle response becomes sluggish and sometimes even unpredictible in this mode at the track (I've tried it). My preffered mode is Sport+ which I find precise and linear, but Sport works well too (I used Sport on a wet track).

See my post here about jerky throttle inputs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeFromPA View Post
Also, the other day on a empty road with a sharp banked uphill and run-off on both sides of the road, with a wet road, I hit the throttle pretty solid mid-turn in sport mode to see how quickly it would swing the rear end out.

I had an "Oh shit" moment and MDM saved me. I mean the car rotated a solid 45 degrees before MDM slammed it back straight and it did it so fast I didn't even have time to react.
If one does something really stupid, the car will get a fair bit out of shape before MDM reels it back in. However, if one drives relatively smoothly but decently fast on a track, MDM does constant minute and useless interventions as soon as it senses some slip angle. This is very anoying and slows you down significantly. It also puts a lot of pointless heat in the brakes. I found MDM utterly useless for a dry track (the US version, I have not tried Euro MDM).
Appreciate 0